2014-06-08

440 Radio Days

I love radio. I keep listening to radio programs for hours. But lately people tend to think what makes me get so attracted to the old entertainment while they (including me) are busy to check social networks. I guess I had kept expressing my delight on listening to radio but I sometimes feel I need to clarify more why I care for it.

First and foremost you're free in listening to radio, meaning your imagination, your memory, your thought, and these flow of your mind gets no limitation with just your ears fixed to the sound. It's funny to me that when your gets information through eyes fixed on TV or PC or smartphone screen you seems to be not only restricted in physical action but also in mental activity. You cannot do anything that requires your eyes, (almost every daily action?) when you looking at something. 

However you can do reading, cooking, painting, emailing, washing, bathing, taking a nap, studying, stretching, feeding, even telephoning to someone with concentrating to radio program. I suppose this is due to the difference of system of sense and recognition of human. How can you miss to appreciate this very effective and interesting media in our busy life?

Second, radio gives us power to pushing the boundaries of our imagination. In your room, office or lounge, with stories and musics from all over the world, the sound makes your space surrounds you much bigger and wider without limitation, because it takes you out of your own field to the arena of new imagination. I'm not saying at all that visual communication is less attractive than audio. It's no less or more. But I think the importance and power of audio communication is underestimated.

And only a real true sight will match the possibility of broadening the inner imagination of human. Within a few decade technology will advance to the state that people cannot recognize the difference of the real sight and virtual reality, but I believe the radio media would keep enjoining us with its unique advantage to attract human sense in this challenging age of change.

No comments:

Post a Comment