2017-04-06

730 Cooking

I have many warm-hearted and talented wonderful friends. I think my life is blessed thanks to them, as well as my funny family. One of them has long dreamed of making a cafe and actually made it last year. I do like her cafe and have visited several times. She majored in pharmacy and went to Italy for a year to learn to cook and make a fine espresso. The idea of good food and good health might harmonize in her mind. Also she is really fond of and good at organizing gatherings or events to make place for people to come to talk, enjoy and know each other. Making her own cafe was a natural move. I enjoy the nice food and find coffee every time I visit her. Whenever I admire her ability to cook well, she always answers back, with true modesty and a good sense of humor, "Cooking is not talent, for me it's just a handicraft." I like her answer so much, as one of the many people who dare not to boast of one's ability to cook well, because if this is handicraft all you have to do is just to enjoy the process of making something, regardless of it tastes very well, not bad, or a bit strange. 

And from my experience, if you carefully chose sound cooking materials and follow the classic way that human being have been long enjoying to make them delicious, with adding only a bit of your own creative idea from your own taste of food, it will make a good dish (not to say "awesome" or "fantastic", but it's enough).     

No comments:

Post a Comment