2017-04-15

732 Tall

People see me as simply "tall" or "taller than average", at least. If I get on a crowded train, my sight would be a bit higher than 60-70% of the passengers in the space. So I don't get used to look up someone who is much taller than I. One day it happened in a subway. I came into the train car and found myself standing next to a super tall foreign gentleman, holding something that looked like a big musical instrument in the case. How much was he tall? His jaw was well over my head. Looking at him with amazed, I felt kind of relieved, just like standing under an excellent tree, being protected from wind and rain. Because it's rare for me to stand next to someone of much taller height, it was a fresh experience. I wondered if someone who is smaller than me, would by any chance have the similar sense when they look at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment