2017-05-07

738 Butterfly

In my childhood I used to learn swimming. I never wanted to become an athlete in swimming and frankly didn't like to swim in the sea or river. But I remember I did like one or two of specific features in my little swimming days. That feeling was the one and only sense of speed and dynamics that human can only experience in water. I especially liked the two ; one is the accelerated and exciting speed experience when I strongly kick the walls in the water to make a turn, and the other is the uplifting feeling of when I swim butterfly. To a little kid butterfly seemed to be the most difficult and complicated way of swimming - and so I hated to practice it at first, but shortly I got excited to learn swim it. 

Butterfly swim looks very powerful and straightforward. It creates the biggest splash with a powerful move of arms and shoulders. The mechanism is based on the smooth joint of waist and legs that leads to "dolphin" kick. In this form you can feel the stream of water and the sense of riding on the wave you create, which is a really nice feeling. One thing I wonder and cannot understand is why the name is butterfly, not dolphin.      

No comments:

Post a Comment