2017-06-30

750 Retrospective

Occasionally, unexpectedly, a moment of strange but familiar feelings comes up in daily life, which enjoys me so much. One sunday afternoon I was at airport watching jets taking off and landing, on a comfortable, sunny and windy deck, sitting and eating sandwiches, satisfied with everything what I was seeing and feeling. Quite suddenly an old memory, or a memory of feeling in my childhood was visualized unconsciously, which brought me back to the summer day of school outing in a great mountain in my homeland. The two scenes have not much in common - sunny daylight, fine food, happy feeling, that's all - but my mind somehow showed strange creativity to combine them together. 

I always welcome these moments to come. I admire the power of memory (it doesn't matter if the memory was actual or created) that forces my sense to suddenly jump into the totally different moment. 
Especially the memory of snow is so amazing. I have experienced snow winter over 17 times and know many types and kinds of snow. I like the way snow casually rules the world and covers everything with white. What you see is only yourself and the snow field. Under the heavy snow, the sense gets more focused. Vision gets blurred and you only have chilly and dry smells of air and only feel your breathing. If you see nothing but white field and feel nothing but your breath, I now would like to think it just like a meditation, which makes the memory of the experience so special.

No comments:

Post a Comment