2016-03-06

618 Something you missed

I was on a short break from a project I have been working on (though I had to join two conference calls during my break). I thought of visiting a fine exhibition of architecture. I knew I could go to the wonderful exhibition of Foster+Partners in town. In the past several months I visited exhibitions of Oscar Niemeyer and Frank Gehry, both of which were excellent. I never doubted works of Norman Foster also would attract me a lot. 

But I failed to see it because it was too late. The exhibition had already closed. Then I was even more interested in the architect and his works. I googled everything and found he liked flying, he was one of the most admired modernism architect, and he designed Apple's new headquarter building. It's like, I was meant to be enchanted by his design and works. 

I remember when I was first interested in Le Corbusier, I had similar experience. I was a student in junior high, and one day my mother and I went to visit his exhibition held in a town away from our home. Then we went, only to find the exhibition was closed on that day. I was so much disappointed and at the same time, looking at the wonderful posters of his works, got a really strong aspiration to learn more about the architect. 

Missing opportunities are not a fun, but sometimes it clarifies something you really want to know and drives you to reach it no matter what obstacle you might have.

No comments:

Post a Comment