2016-07-03

638 Bentley

Yesterday evening was a very hot, humid and tiresome summer time. I was standing at the crossing and waiting for the traffic light to turn green. In the moment of blurring blue and orange light of the dusk, a sleek, green convertible gracefully appeared in my view and slowly went across the crossing. If I was right, it was a Bentley. The beautiful and honored car changed my tired feeling right away into the excitement and delight of welcoming something great and beautiful into my ordinary life. That's why I highly value the importance of bringing refined and excellent design into every corner of our daily lives. They really makes us happy, it's no doubt. The problem is the work of designer (of graphic, architecture, city planning, sound, or any other aspects) is not always fairly valued, and also if we are to get the good design in our lives it should be a luxurious life. On the other hand, I understand that not everyone prioritizes the power of good design, and also that the clear differentiation from high-end design and others makes some sense, but yesterday I cannot help wondering if it would be possible for us to get natural delight and happiness of mind by being entitled to enjoy good design in our lives just like we enjoy safety, food, water and air, as I think it is indispensable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment