2016-09-04

651 Suburb

I grew up in a modernized, tidy and large city in a local area. The city has a blessing combination of fun of modern city life and rich nature. My early life was so much in the latter as my family had been living in a garden suburb. The condominium was built on the bank of the river and between the two long and gently-sloping hills. The whole area was full of green. Actually everything but the road was filled with and surrounded by rich green. I spent my childhood here from age of 5 to 18, so it's no doubt how I need to be close to green and feel extremely familiar with the sight of green. 

At that time in my room I used to devote myself to music, drawing, reading, thinking and imagining. At night the outside of the room was a very quiet suburb landscape of river, hill and trees. There was nothing that distracted my attention, and everything encouraged my pleasure and training of deep reflection, free imagination and scrutiny of generating words. 

Today, living in a middle of the capital city, not just almost everything outside my window urges me to go out, take some action and have some new experience, but also a great amount of SNS posts and messages are always interrupting me (which, of course I am enjoying very much). From my friend's lucky experience to the world's greatest or funniest moment are floating around me 24 hours a day.  It's so hard to feel in the quiet evening as if I were the only one who is awake at the moment, just as I used to feel in my younger age in my quiet suburb life, but sometime the sense of the moment suddenly comes up. Probably, this is a sort of the-end-of-summer-feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment