2017-06-06

745 Ip Man

I have been not familiar with martial arts films. But since I started practicing Taichi, it gradually led me to see those action films with a fresh perspective. No matter how amateur I am and no matter how poorly I practice it, at least I feel I also belong to the great heritage of martial arts. When I saw the movie Ip Man 3, I learned that the sense has changed my view. Kung-fu stars used to be super heroes to me before I started to learn Taichi, and now I know they are real super heroes.  Ip Man is a film that seems to be in between a fiction and a biography of a grandmaster, but with the awesome and breathtaking action sequence as well as drama played by Donnie Yen, to me it feels like a documentary film. The actor Donnie Yen is a real martial artist. I don't have much words to describe action sequence but the speed and power, skillful and careful move of the cycle of quick attack and defense, the tense, the impact and the serenity and stillness, everything seems to be real and it is, even if it's choreographed. and even if the story, the script and the lines are all fiction. There's no fake, no lies in the delicate and accurate action. That's the beauty of those professional martial arts films. 

No comments:

Post a Comment