2017-06-15

747 Foot Work

I live in big city always surrounded by so many people. I will look at people at subway station, from the cab window, in the park, at a busy crossing, or at a large office lobby. I think usually when it comes to look at people around you it definitely will be at their faces or their outfit, except when they are together with a dog or a cat or any other animals - which inevitably catch your eyes faster than a person does. I find another interesting way to watch people. It's to look at their foot, their walk, their in other words their move. I noticed that even human has benefit to move many parts of our body, our actual life seldom requires us to move them as much as possible. Sometimes it's really only foot that moves, as the hands and faces are stuck to smartphones. 

What possibly can people's feet tell you? I'm not sure but sometimes they seem to show the personality and identity. At least they can tell you the direction the person are going, the way the person is moving (hurried, relaxed, lost, striding, tired, on tiptoe, downbeat, or briskly, etc.) Sometimes the way the feet work can tell much more than the expression of the faces can. 

I remember once an old wise man said to me that "Watch people's foot in the crowd when you have to walk across it. Their faces never tells you which direction they are going to, but their feet does well. Watch them and you can tell the next move." I still think it true.   

No comments:

Post a Comment