2018-07-16

828 Script

I have a friend who knows I'm a huge fan of Star Wars (not for recent works, though) and would like to watch the whole series again, as she actually had seen them but the memory was quite vague. So my friend knows the utmost surprising fact in Episode V, and also knows how young Skywalker cannot help but turning to become Darth Vader in Episode III (vaguely). We fall into the conversation over Star Wars saga and I suggested I could explain all the stories and plots (furthermore, maybe most of the memorable sentences). She welcomed my idea and it ended up I took 2 hours to text all the stories from Episode I to Episode VI. 

She was surprised that I had done this without looking any of materials but only by my memory, which is not surprising to SW fans I guess. The thing is, I was surprised to learn simply how great a movie script is, especially in the case of such long and mythic epic. It's carefully structured with indispensable storyline and events and characters all over. It's amazing a script can expand the universe of the galaxy, surprise us, enjoy us, move us, and finally close the story. SW is not actually a huge nor complicated, it's all about a family, faith, and fight against evil, but the work of script is marvelous. I was impressed by the tale of a tragic but mighty father and a genuinely good-faith son and his friends, following the 6 episodes. By texting the whole storyline and plots, for the first time I learned it. Transcribing one of our favorite movies is maybe an awesome training to learn the power of a writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment