2018-07-16

829 90's Alternative Still Rocks

 
I don't make it a rule to always search for new music, nor only to support the music of the time when I used to live like "No Music No Life" in my school days. Simply put, nostalgia is not something I like. But this time suddenly I felt like I should turn to 90's alternative rock music to which I listened again and again, for hours, throughout my junior high, high school and college days. Maybe I don't need to explain what it was like to be in the movement and to name the favorites of the special ages. After 20 years+ time, I can honestly say that they remain just great and the heritage of 90's alternatives keeps me excited and delighted. 

It is not merely a nostalgia that I still like these great songs. It had a reason to lead us, move us, identify us when we were teenagers listening to them on radio and MTV, and it still has reason to survive the time and change of life. I don't care how it is now theoretically located and described in pop music history, but I just feel it was revolutionarily cool and somewhat bitter but creative (I wish it could have been a bit happier, but that was the air of the time). It still has a reason to be the music with which we live.

No comments:

Post a Comment