2010-03-21

36 Minority

When spring comes I always ask myself if I can appreciate the cherry blossom. Unfortunately the answer would be "not specially, I guess." (I'm sorry for friends who are genuine lovers of sakura!)

I do like nothing better than the scenary of green trees, green grass, green leaves.
I love walking in the forest when trees are coming into leaf much better than gathering to watch cherry blossom. To me the colour of spring is not flower but sprout.

It's not because of my perversity nor the hey fever, but it's a simple question towards the symbolic images that cherry blossom are expected to carry. Simply, how can you say sakura is "fragile and short-lived"? On the contrary they can live hundreds of years. Maybe I don't understand that sissy images shared with everybody toward cherry blossom. Maybe I am minority.

I saw one of them stretching behind a vending machine, in the middle of the building wall. It's energetic and even cheerful. Flowers will soon be lost, but it's somewhat free and easy as if it's the minority.

No comments:

Post a Comment