2010-08-14

75 Henry, the black-nosed cleaner

It happened like this.

I spent hard days in 2008 summer, caused by job circumstances, by subprime mortgage crisis ruling the financial industry.

I was too sad to enjoy shooting photo for a month or two. Then I met "Henry" in my old college when I was taking a walk around. He sat in a newly built, glass curtain wall office.

"Hey, isn't it too lovely for a college apparatus?" I thought, and I took this photo.
I remember the moment this lovely thing spurred me on to my camera. Shooting to me is like an instinct. When I really get interested or attratced to something, it will be a good photo (if I keep concentrating). When the object itself is less interesting, I naturally search for an angle, lightning or form which could turn it interesting. Taking photo is an attitude.

So I was happy that Henry could bring back a positive attitude to me. After I shoot this, things were getting brighter.

I wish I can always find "Henry" when I get sad and forget the attitude.

note: "Henry" is an UK made high-grade vacuum cleaner.

No comments:

Post a Comment