2012-03-25

220 Sagrada Familia

Magnificent Sagrada Familia--- recently I came to know that the chief sculptor of this grand project is a Japanese, Mr. Sotoo. His story, his life and his work are interesting and outstanding enough to be told. As a young backpacker Mr. Sotoo arrived at Barcelona 33 years ago after he left Paris where he didn't feel he belonged to. Then the Gaudi's uncompleted masterpiece fascinated him. He started to work as a sculptor at Sagrada Familia, conquering lots of difficulties and solitude. At nearly the age of 60 he still tackles the heavy work to carve stones that weighs a ton.

Great architectures do fascinate not only sculptors or architects but everyone of us. I wish to know why. I think I've been always wishing to know why in my life.    

No comments:

Post a Comment