2013-05-05

325 Rehabilitation

For a couple of weeks I've been feeling uneasy about my smell and taste. In short almost everything smells and tastes really badly. For example I cannot stand using any perfumes nor sniffing other people's perfumes, hair tonics or just any grooming staples. Now they all become a irritating odor. And my sense of taste turned to be very unpleasant, as almost everything I have tastes badly. This is strange because after the injury I partly lost these sense but the remaining part survived healthy and unchanged. I was at a loss.

However,

Doctor says this is a good sign to show my damaged nerve systems start regeneration, because at the beginning they get entangled, mixed up, and send incorrect signal to the brain very often. There's no medicine to cure or lessen the error and all I have to do is to wait for 2-3 months. And if I find something smelling comfortable and agreeable (like the strong mint-like aroma from leaves of Plectranthus amboinicus, above), I should vigorously take the scent as it can further activate the regeneration process. 

So this is the rehabilitation phase. Like all the rehabilitation it accompanies uneasy, sometimes painful feelings, but my huge relief to know the recovery process is going on could make it bearable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment