2014-12-31

499 Walk With Music

 Keith Haring
At the last minutes of the year I made a quick return to my hometown and just got back. It may be due to the travel itself or the "winter wonderland" holidays in snowy northern town, or spending hours away from daily lives having only limited things to go with, that the return washes away my usual thoughts and makes me clear. Now I feel like wrapping up my 2014. Not about work, but about life. 

I don't want to rank the people or things that I met and liked, so to just name them, "Frozen", Zaha Hadid, Taylor Swift, iPad, and Dance battle. iPad, needs no explanation but it is truly a great contribution to communication. Dance battle, needs little explanation and most people never get involved in such activity. I started it this year for the first time in my 10+ years dancing history. It is fun, tough, difficult and arguably gives some lesson to a dancer. I got 1 victory and 4 loss and still like it very much.

"Frozen" definitely needs no explanation. The vision, the music, the art, everything is harmonized in the story and beyond imagination. Taylor Swift, the greatest and youngest star, could swiftly win and grab my ears and mind. Zaha Hadid, supposedly the one and only talent in modern architecture, whose breathtaking works blew my mind.

It seems the year has been almost filled with delight given by gifted female, It's true but more than that, they are all actually, music, or related closely to music. For more than 30 years I have been living and walking (literally) with music whose creation, recreation and innovation keep me awake, inspired and anew lead me to discovery and encounter. 2014 reminded me that mighty power of music. How about architecture? They say, "Music is liquid architecture, Architecture is frozen music."

No comments:

Post a Comment