2017-02-01

712 To My Best, Old, Distant, or Remote Friend

It's always feel-good to tell "Happy birthday to you!" to somebody I know. The person might be my best friend, old friend, a friend whom I haven't met for years, a friend who lives in miles away. It doesn't matter. It may make little sense to the person who get the message sent from someone who hasn't been in contact with, because the person will no doubt receive tons of Happy Birthday from much closer friends and families and colleagues or neighbors. Still I don't think it is not that nonsense to keep sending an anniversary message once a year. 

Last week I sent a Happy Birthday text message to my best and old friend living in my hometown. She doesn't use SNS so her birthday reminder is not from one of those. It has been in my memory for almost 30 years. She replied back with such delight of my remembering her anniversary, which in turn reminded me of how she was so modest and gentle. Happy Birthday is the easiest and shortest and happiest communication way in life, except for Thank You, and probably, Happy Holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment