2017-05-24

741 A tale in the Air #1

I seldom fail to get the window side seat in airplane because more than half of the delight in flight is to watch the sky from the window all through the trip. But sometimes I came across a new angle by not having that privileged seat. The other day I found myself sitting in the mid-seat and next to a large, stout man. I was bit disappointed and felt so selfish as to think that his large head and body might almost hide the scene from the window. 

However, shortly I noticed how he was thoughtful --- even if he was curling up in a small economy seat, he always fold his arms and kept it crossed, so that I was able to use the armrest between us, without stress. I was interested in him and kept watching. The plane started to move forward to the taxing way and as always, several technical crews and ground staffs are waving to the airplane wishing the safety of the flight, the usual sight which most of the passengers doesn't care much any longer, and surprisingly he smiled a bit and waved back his hand for a very short time. Maybe they didn't notice it but it made me look at him with more interest and sympathy, as I am also the one who dares to wave back.  

Minutes later I was reading an inflight magazine and found it interesting, I put it into my bag for further reading after the flight. He noticed it and instantly (as if he was encouraged by my action) called the cabin attendant and asked if he could take the clean one if any. I have no problem bringing back an used inflight magazine but he seemed to have more delicate taste.

The plane was about to pass the high mountain in the dusk light. I wished to shoot one picture and asked him to allow me to stretch my arm with my iPhone to reach out to the window. He nodded to show full agreement and I took this photo.

It is not always nice to know people who is a total stranger, but sometimes I have good luck to be good at it in airplane.

No comments:

Post a Comment