2017-09-04

757 Hot Water

One big thing that has changed in my daily life these days is, I got to drink less coffee and more and more hot water. It began like this. One day I had a pain in my stomach. It kept for days and I got fever at the end. It was not that serious, maybe due to heat fatigue and stressed situation. I got better with taking some stomach medicine and deep sleep. During the illness I totally quit drinking coffee and took almost nothing but hot boiled water. It tasted better than anything I could think of and it sounds really amazing but I could do without a single cup of coffee for 2 weeks. 

It is amazing because I have been enjoying black coffee all my life --- from morning until midnight. I drunk at average 4-5 cups of coffee during a day, working at office, chilling in cafe, reading at home, at lunch, at dinner, in the air, in the bed, outside and inside. Coffee has been a part of my life. But the 2-weeks experience made me change a lot. I started to drink coffee again, awkwardly and carefully. It tastes good, as it did always, but I don't want to drink it all day long, as I used to. I learned I had reset my sensor through the experience and now coffee tastes dark and heavy. Yes of course it is, coffee is dark and heavy and bitter, but I couldn't realize it because maybe I took it too much to feel it.

Hot water is a surprising drink for me. Believe it or not, it has clearly a taste. A taste of delicate sweetness and ultimate neutral clarity, if that expression makes sense. It's not a clear-cut, sharp purity. It's totally soft and feels like it does not cause any kind of friction in one's body. It perfectly fit to almost any food. To be honest I came to wonder why restaurants fails to have "nice hot boiled water" in its drink menu, while they have always mineral water.

But I'm still very fond of coffee. The scent, the flavor of the coffee is still one and only for me and never be fully replaced with hot water. Hot water woke up my sense and thanks to it I got accurate feeling to taste black coffee properly, as a drink of extreme bitterness and spicy but fresh darkness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment