2017-09-17

758 NY

During the very short summer holidays I met an old friend whom I haven't seen over 20 years. But I always love to see these old friends - because the moment we recognize each other, that 20+ years of long time is instantly cleared off. It's like magic. It's also exciting, as we create reunion with an old friend with whom we share our schooldays and at the same moment we find in each other a brand-new friend as a fully grown-up. It's old and new. 

Without feeling any awkwardness, she casually skipped greetings and began to talk about how she had difficulty in getting used to tropical fish. Neither of us were surprised whatever we talked about. She and I had absolutely funny and exciting chat for hours. And she mentioned she liked NY city so much. I asked why (because I've never been to) and she said, "The city is full of energy. People are energetic and confident. And also they are nice to strangers. The energy, power and humanity of the city makes me go back there again and again." My friend said so. Some might think alike, some night not, and I'm not sure if I feel the same when I have chance to actually see it, but her words enchanted me and that's enough for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment