2010-07-25

70 Grace Kelly

"Grace Kelly", 1984 by Andy Warhol.

Stunning, beautiful talented and graceful Grace Kelly fascinated me recently. Actually I was fascinated with her since I was born, because, my birthday is the same with hers.

She is famous with its "cool beauty", but people probably know that doesn't mean she was not warm. We know her best with photos by Mr. Howell Conant, her trustful friend. I like his photos of Grace very much. In his book she is described as "sensual, funny and strikingly attractive all at once", and "natural and unpretentious". Maybe words never be enough to praise her but if I add one more, I think she was always honest and faithful. Honest to the camera, to her images which was taken, in the photo, or in the movies. I just think her magnetic eyes could always tell the truth and never lied to her feelings.

Andy Warhol's Grace Kelly seems to convey her iconic cool-and-chic image but (though I don't know about Andy Warhol much and the meaning behind this work) I still have in my mind that her honesty never fade, and her eyes are true to her fresh and lively humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment