2011-03-20

118 18 Years

(I was about to publish this post#118 before the quake violently changed the world as we know it. But even if my daily life went upside-down I still feel this little story very much meaningful to me and see no reason to withdraw.)

On sunday evening I spent some time with my old and best friends. We had not seen each other for 18 years. We went to the same school when we're kids. Now one has a family, the other got Ph. D., and I have what I got. But nothing got in the way of us immediately jumping into the days of 18 years ago.

We used to gather in a hamburger shop after school to eat junk foods. Do homework, listen to music, do mischief and doodling, and chat on things that were funny only to children. (After these burgers we came home and had dinner. What an appetite!)

I believe that childhood buddy is a special being who can always share some special feelings. I don't call it just old memories. It's something more lively, ever-blooming, bouncing dream that was once real and will be continuing to live with us. It's like a gem stone which we first found in the rough when we were young, and keep polishing as we grow up.

After a few hours we finally designed a life plan together; when we get older we'd buy and own the burger shop and spend most of our retirement days gathering there to eat and talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment