2011-11-06

181 RGRL#5 Rain

On flight to Helsinki I watched Woddy Allen's "Midnight in Paris". At the start and end of the story it declares "When it rains Paris is much more beautiful---" or something like that. Talking about weather to me sunshine is always better except for snowfall. But yes, rain makes a city beautiful sometimes.

I've heard Helsinki in October they have much rain. It did but it didn't matter at all. In the daytime it makes red and yellow ivy leaves in Suomenlinna (the World Heritage Finnish fortress) look so unforgettably colorful. At dusk in the heart of Helsinki rain turns the street even brighter and gorgeous.

Sudden rain makes people meet. I took a shelter from evening shower and ran into the brand-new music hall. A man was with his babychild in a buggy sitting next to me. I asked him if he and his baby were waiting for mum. He said he was waiting for rain to stop, as well as me. We had a nice conversation for a while. We talked about his baby Onni (in Finnish "good luck""good fortune" he said), about weather, life in Helsinki, work, vacation and a plan for winter vacation. He said he was going to marry a women who is the mother of the baby on the New Year's Eve. I congratulated and wished his family best luck. He wished me a good journey. Rain gave me another good memory of the city.

After all rain will bring sunshine no matter what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment