2011-11-27

185 RGRL#9 Last Minutes

Just one more story to end this journey notes, because I liked the city so much that I still remember the last minutes at the Helsinki airport, and in the flight to back home.

Helsinki Vantaa airport is a functional and fine-designed building. Passengers have only to follow the corridor from the entrance to the bording gate. On that sunny afternoon the airport was packed with so many people. Like everyone else I dashed to the souvenir shops and finally managed to check-in the departure gate.

Soon I realised that I had lost my luggage label folded inside my passport. It must have been fallen somewhere but I didn't have time to get back. I talked to a lady at the FINNAIR counter and she helped me instantly. She said that happened very often and wrote the luggage number on back of my boarding pass. Easy. (After all, nobody asked me to hand the label or show the number at the destination)

The airport lounge was crowded. And as always, only the crowd at the airport did not annoy me. It might be due to the traveler's common sympathy or of the comfortable and spacy looks of the Helsinki airport.

On the flight I sat next to a charming lady who traveled with her parents. We talked about a lot about each travel, job, family, in-flight movie and meals. We looked at the gorgeous sunset and beautiful moon and stars. Her parents were such a nice people and we spent some time together after landing. Her whole family are barbers. I've only heard that the father's shop has a very historical background. I sent a thank you card to the shop. Soon the father sent me back a cordial letter. I don't know if I would ever see them again, but I am so thankful to the happy encounter which spiced up my journey at the last minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment