2011-11-20

183 RGRL#7 Design in Life

Artek, might be a standard interior shop in such a design-minded nation as Finland. But it made me excited at the moment I looked into the place from outside window. They have chairs and tables and lightings, and I can't find anything else special which helps me to describe why I was in such a joy just walking around simple furnitures. I felt what the good design could deliver to human mind. It was a peace of mind, a stability, an imagination, a delight, a nourishment, a wisdom, an order, a concord, and a happiness. 

Later, after I got back from my journey I had an opportunity to talk with a lady who owned a design management firm in Helsinki and introduced the coming WORLD DESIGN CAPITAL HELSINKI 2012. When she said "design in life is all about attitude" I almost gave a cheer to her. When I talked to her that I believe design gives us intelligence and power, perhaps my mind was on the moment among the tables and chairs in Helsinki.

Let me quote the statement of WDCH;

"We are open. For us, openness equals transparency, global responsibility and innovation. Usability, sustainability and desirability. That is what we are looking for. We design for a better life."

No comments:

Post a Comment