2014-07-27

456 Feast

I simply like hiphop and rap music not because I do street dancing. In fact the coolness of old school hiphop enthralled me when I was a kid before 10 years old. It's pretty nice to grow up in a family who like music. My mother loves classics and chanson, mu father jazz, and my brother was really into rock'n roll and pops. No doubt I got totally addicted to MTV in schooldays and now I feel happy just to touch and enjoy so many kinds of music from Think Twice, MJ, Avril Lavigne, Elvis Costello, Marcos Valle, Green Day, to Anna Karina and Disney's "Let It Go".

But especially I sometimes get attracted by hiphop and rap music in a way that is beyond music. There exists beats and rhymes, flow and hook, rhythm and words. They are rough but intelligent, low-keyed but inspiring, simple but stirring. I cannot help thinking they must have their origin in ancient feast or battle, in drums and prayer. These beats and voices are attractive maybe because the they has been bound up with our heartbeat and heartstrings that never changed in human.  

No comments:

Post a Comment