2014-11-09

489 Dance

I noticed that even though I have been writing about dancing so many times here I've never posted an article titled "Dance". Maybe I've not been certain if I can describe it from my limited experience and skills. Now I think I can write about it with a bit of confidence. A moment in the showcase last week, I had a feeling of an attitude towards dancing that was quite different from the past. It was just a moment in the middle of the performance so it may not come again, but as far as I understand, it made me this as follows---

Dance is not a movement or posing which I try to accomplish with using my arms and legs. It's an outer activities with a notion of expected style that I try to capture for years. It's important yes, but the essence of dance is somewhere far beyond. That is in me. The dance should be created from the core emotion and sense of my own, stimulated and inspired by the beat and sound. That is harder to capture than the outer shape of the body but that's the real spirit of free-style dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment