2015-01-04

504 Instant Coffee

I suspect almost nobody think that instant coffee is a preserved food.  It is a food for incredible convenience.  Grinding coffee beans, setting coffee server and making coffee, means nothing but a delight on Sunday morning but a nuisance on Monday morning. Instant coffee is there for you (however I make a coffee via french press every day as I'm a stubborn coffee junkie.)

But here's a great tips worth to be spread all around. I was told this by my big brother and he got the knowledge from a TV show. So probably millions of people had already known it before I learned it but still it's a great tips. Just try this next time you turn to a cup of instant coffee --- before you put hot water in your cup, mix the coffee powder with only a spoonful of water until it is no lumps, just like mixing cocoa powder. Then you can pour hot water or milk whatever you like. The taste of coffee is incredibly different---delicious.

The difference in taste is so drastic that I almost think mixing the power with water is the official way to make instant coffee. The manufacturer of these coffees should rather put this on the label. After all this is not a huge step but just adding one action. without special tool (if you can make instant coffee, then you can certainly find water and tea spoon somewhere around.) But as far as this knowledge is treated only as a kitchen secret, I dare to say the instant coffee is so undervalued and unfairly advertised for convenient life, not for tasty life.

No comments:

Post a Comment