2015-08-10

553 Eames

Back in 2013 I visited Zurich and went to VItra Museum where I met so many fantastic furnitures and shot photograph of many of them. At that time I had never dreamed of having one of them.  But somehow, now I am having really fun in remodeling my house (including the green shade, which works marvelously) and happened to find two Eames DSW wooden-shell chairs with a really (miraculously) discounted price. Should I think about it very cautiously? Yes. Should I get it just because I manage to find it suddenly? No. Also I tried some "good design stuff" before and sometimes failed to own them, meaning failed to maximize the original value, failed to illuminate them. 

I know the importance of these lessons well but sometimes an opportunity knocks on your door and makes you say "what am I gonna do?" Very occasionally the answer comes up immediately. It's a celebrated standard of modern chair, and one of the masterpieces in mid-century modern design. What am I gonna do? 

No comments:

Post a Comment