2016-08-20

646 Mistake

Last evening I was hurrying to the repair store in the subway station to make a spare key. The spare key must be made from the original, so I had it with me the whole day and naturally took the highest care of it. Meanwhile I usually use a spare key in a key case. At that time I had to rush to the store and 10 minutes after I had to rush to the metro because I had reservation of a doctor in another place. So I must have been really upset and it turned out that I had left my key case in a department store. Well, I thought, What was I doing in such a busy moment? But things do happen especially in these moment. 

I said 'calm down' to myself, called to the store and confirmed that luckily my key case had been delivered to lost and found, in front of the repair shop (obviously the shop staff was giving me a questioning look as he had just finished making my new spare key while listening my saying on the phone that I had lost my key case), I grabbed my new spare key and thanked to him and dashed to the metro (unfortunately I missed a train but it wasn't a big deal) and went to see the doctor. After that I returned back to the department store and received my key case. Everything was, after all, alright. I got the spare key and my key case safely and almost everything went as scheduled. 

But somehow I feel that this kind of annoying mistake teaches us something. In these situation you must use your brain as quickly as possible to find best possible solution. Your mind is also working to stay cool and leads you not to make further trouble by being panic. I think it's a kind of simulation or good training to make you get ready for troubles inevitably happening in your life or work place, or for the moment when your client, your boss, or your partner asks you unexpected question that you have no idea of. Crisis brings an opportunity, sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment