2017-03-31

728 City of Zootopia

Living in Tokyo, a capital city, a metropolis, a great city which is so huge, intense, complicated and diverse, that I cannot even get the whole picture of it. For a long time since I was an infant I was living in a beautiful northern countryside blessed with plenty of green field and natural environment, and also recently have been inclined to admire a very different city of eternal glory, history and sense of sophisticated modernity, and I cannot find myself belonged to the metropolis. I appreciate the great town has been generously giving me a number of opportunity to meet fine people, to make friends, to have unique experience, to get job, and to learn to live, but anyhow I never feel myself fitted to it. It doesn't matter however. I find Tokyo is like Zootopia, a metaphorical capital city where every animal can live together and differently. The key is diversity, generosity, and most of all, the perception that the difference makes sense and will make a finest society. It's no easy just like in the Zootopia movie, to realize it and appreciated it. I have long been trying, almost struggling to find a way to feel like I'm settled and assured. But at the end of the day it's not that important to become a part of the city, because I don't have to, if I do not want to. I highly value the simplicity, calmness and sophistication so my feeling is often against the life in Tokyo. But I can wander around it see it with the eyes of stranger or I can march into it with balloons in my hand. The city is not a place to make yourself fitted into, but a place where you find yourself stand alone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment