2018-04-03

822 Counter Writer

There are so many great stories and novels all around the world. I have my own favorite books. I like to read them again and again to the extent I get to memorize the dialogue and storyline. Still I keep reading them to purely enjoy the storytelling. What makes me keep reading the same book? It's partly because simply I like text itself, but surely it owes much to the charm of an unique world of the story built by imagination and described entirely by words. 

Sometimes I wonder if there is a "counter writer" to my favorite stories, which is, an author who descries the same story from the perspective of the major counter-part, co-star in the story. For example it's like "Pride and Prejudice" written from the perspective of Mr. Darcy. Even if it does exist, well-written in true Jane Austen's style and wit, it would never surpass the original, but I would very much like to read the story and can even imagine the work. Such imagination is possible because the story is great. A masterpiece is such an immortal.  

No comments:

Post a Comment