2010-04-01

41 April fool

One of my favorite novel, "The Corps Steps Out" (by Craig Rice, 1940) I remember a guy said "If you want to be regarded as a man of humor, you should always tell the truth" (which means, the truth is always the funny, I suppose.)

So making fine jokes is difficult. To enjoy April fool you need media. Newspapers, radio, television. I think internet is not suitable for fine joke because it is always full of lies, fine or not. With media (at least for me) lying or tricking is a little bit easier.

"Monster's Inc", shows its slap-stick "monster's failure takes." Of course it's a fake, untrue, and I adore this sense of nonsense. Maybe this is the source of culture where people can enjoy April fools.

Oh, by the way, I'll wrap up my career in financial industry soon and start working at Pixar Studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment