2011-05-09

133 Piano

While I was soaked in dance my little niece started to learn to play piano. I imagine that she, being my-rather-unconventional-family, would fancy playing ad-lib as well as playing "It's a small world".

The news reminds me of my long-time question about piano:

-Is piano a percussion instrument?
-Is piano a stringed instrument?
-Is piano a keyboard instrument?

Surprisingly it seems that all three are true. It is a percussion, it has strings, and it works with keyboards. I admit my knowledge of musical instrument is primitive since I've lost interest in musical education at elementary school and never had a satisfactory explanation about it. They say that piano is just unique. I vaguely understand piano will create beat like drums, and melody like vilolin though piano in its appearance has nothing in common with those percussions or strings.

Actually I'm no better at musical instruments than I am familiar with color pencil, sketchbooks and a camera. I adore listening to music. I adore dancing to the music. But I happen to be lack of good relationships with any musical instruments. This might be a bigger question to me.

Maybe my niece could tell me the tips some day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment