2011-05-12

134 O Sleep!

O sleep! O gentle sleep!
Nature’s soft nurse
("Henry IV", William Shakespeare) 

I was in a station rushing to the office. Then I slipped. I hit my knee and cut it (I finally noticed with the pain that I was bleeding after I got to my desk.)

This is NO good. Fatigue or drawsiness are natural affair that no one can escape, but "slip and fall" is worse, childish, too bad. Even though the way was slippery enough, I cannot fall and hurt my knees everytime it rains! 

Doctor said that the carelessness and loss of physical control was caused by shortage of sleep and showed me the mechanics of sleep. Do everyone know that sleep automatically changes the nerve system and it switches your muscles to a state of "fully-rest"? I didn't. I didn't know that not only brain but muscles also follow the instruction of nerve signals. 

Well, all your body can never be eased unless you close your eyes.

O sleep! O gentle sleep! is pretty medical and scientific. I regret that I see sleeping as just a couple of unconscious time between today and tomorrow. It isn't. Living systems have lots of work to do during your sleep. 

Sleep is such a strict order that is easiest thing to do in the world. So have good night, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment