2011-09-10

167 A/W

PRADA A/W 2011 Campaign
It might be too late to talk about A/W collection now, but doesn't matter. I always think that fashion industry can foresee the future well but never review if their vision was really appropriate to the season back in half year ago. However, sensitive designers have ability to learn well from the past.

Every season PRADA campaign attract my eyes. In this A/W 2011 collection, obviousy they had succeeded to realize the inspiration from 60's modernism and Piet Mondrian's abstract paintings. And the incredible was the movie. Here the approachable real clothing also contains a complex charm.

Sulky girls(as always in PRADA campaigns) are lying on floor or couch. Clothings usually don't look so great when the wearer is sprawling, but they're still chic. A taste of glamour, but mostly dryness and indifference(as true to girl's nature).

I like it because there's no room for farfetched fashion story even if the warm colors and catchy, dreamy eyes seem to be telling something. The clothing is fantastic. Beautifully and comfortably fitted. That's what the fashion is all about. 



The real topic here is not the campaign itself. Back in early 2010, I wrote about PRADA. I read it again before writing this #167 and was embarasssed because the text was clumsy. It's not so bad but apparently struggling to deliver the feelings. If this being a document my boss will turn it down. If I am the boss I'll do the same(so the readers please kindly do not trace that post).

I started this blog mostly because I could do my own writing training, and not wishing to be a fashion blogger. I'm satisfied as this training seems to be working well so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment