2012-04-01

222 Choose Future

Yesterday I was looking at my books. I don't have much books on my shelf as I don't like to own things a lot. There had to be the chosen ones. Then I was a little surprised when I knew that some of my favorite books were not as exciting as before. Some of them are worth reading a hundred times and I did read them nearly as much as that. Am I too pressed by time to appreciate my own classics? Do I lose my literary sense that I had before?

I don't think it's true because I know how I felt when I was reading and adoring those books. I still understand in what way I liked them. I liked their humor, taste, theme and style. They are unchanged and still nourishing a certain part of my knowledge. But the thing is I might get ready for a new dimension, a new habit, a new style. I came to realize it and was glad that I still had capacity to welcome the future.

To be obsessed with the past may cloud the path to the future encounter. And yet it's always hard to handle the balance between staying true to the standard, learning from the history, and growing up with a new breakthrough experience. But it's not throwing your classics away. It has to be a natural way. I hope I can choose the future rather than the past when necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment