2013-09-15

362 Olympics 2020

Tokyo will host 2020 Olympics. I should get interested in the news in many ways--- welcoming top of top athletes, local business opportunities and economic impact, intercultural-international event, and so on But so far the only one thing gets my attention; the new national stadium designed by Zaha Hadid, shown above. First impression is purely amazing. Surely, a big stadium is usually a landmark and stands out, but this is beyond. This is stunning and striking. Though I'm not yet sure about the architectural concept, I'm already excited, while I do remember what I saw and felt in Zaha's real work at Vitra in Basel last year. At least I'm quite sure sometimes great architectures arise strong sensitivity of human mind, like great natural landscape.

Zaha's arena clearly seems to feature the most futuristic design ever. The actual impact is of course remained to be seen, but I'd congratulate and continue to be curious how this is realized, and how it keeps amazing us. 

Tadao Ando, chairman of the competition selection panel reportedly said;
'I believe this stadium will become a shrine for world sport for the next 100 years.'

No comments:

Post a Comment