2013-09-01

359 Dad's work

Sometimes, but not very often, I ask my friend of what their father did for living. This is not a kind of topics you can casually say to your friend like "What's up?". It sounds a more private question. When I have interest in this theme it's usually linked to the childhood of the person. Where he or she lived, what it was like, or how was their Christmas holidays, something like that. For example if the place they lived as a child is a rare nation, it is probably related to the father's job. 

Recently I came to know the father's occupation of three of my friends; employees at international airline, oil company, and construction company. 

These profession not only affected the place their family lived. Besides the geographic influence, mental and intellectual impact from their father's job might took place, like why their father had chose that job, what kind of things these dads talked to their kids (dads always like to talk about their job), what kind of friends they had (dads often make friends at workplace), and most of all what kind of value they had. My own father worked at PR agency and production firm and did advertisement / design campaign works. 

Did it affect me anyway? Definitely yes, though my current job is not at all related to it.    

No comments:

Post a Comment