2014-01-03

402 Real

The latest "The Fast Lane" weekly column at FT by Mr. Tyler Brule was a intriguing one. At the end of 2013 and expecting 2014 he wishes 4 basic things to come true. I Two things especially aroused my sympathy: 

A return to silence
"The men with their newspapers are not on their mobiles: they don't feel the need to be "capturing" what's going on around them and nor do they feel like "sharing" what they're doing…Not every canton deserves a report, not every article or incident deserves comment and the world doesn't need to know there you are at all times."

Be mysterious
"All the digital chatter is not only exhausting, it makes everyone (and everything) less interesting….Making your personal brand - along with the one you might work for or own - bait more mysterious will not only add a layer of intrigue but will also create a greeter degree of desire."

My friends well know that I'm not so digitally updated nor digitally sociable. I sometimes post in SNS, read my friends' and comment them, and most of all write here my blog, which I think is perfectly okay if these activities are in moderate range. But I kind of feel my brain gets actually empty when I look for "something new" or "something funny" and that odd feeling has nothing to do with the news and activities of my friends. The thing is simply, they enjoy or experience the real thing and I look at them vaguely and virtually. It's as if my real feelings and senses are never be used and left unactivated. You never get to know the experience like you do when you see movies or read books. You never actually own the place and make yourself understood even if you comment something or post what you did.

Of all the information gathering / experiencing / entertaining activities I think the radio program is the most effective way to keep yourself with your mind and conscious and never to lose the real feeling during listening to the voices and music.

I know I keep talking about this in my posts. I don't think the reason I am not so good at SNS and has stronger belief and comfortability in classic radio media is just I'm an old type of person. I'm sure many people feel the same as I do, and there should be a logical reason to explain it. So, this new year holidays I just keep listening to the Monocle Radio 24 via my laptop, which gives me slightly strange mixed feeling of access to qualified radio program and still connected to digital convenience.

No comments:

Post a Comment