2014-09-29

478 And Take Off

I sometimes go to airport and look at airplanes taking off and landing. At the large international airport the departure and arrivals are so frequent (about every 2 minutes) that the scene should look like nothing special --- like taxis at jammed traffic circle --- but it still looks special. I think we cannot deny our feelings of excitement when we see something flying. I don't say "I don't believe that 300tons of metals flying up." I'm always surprised at the fact but I know it's a physical truth that they do so I believe it. Yet I cannot help admiring the beauty of the combination of technology and natural science, every time I see the jet starting to float in the air so gently and lightly. 

Also I love to see how wonderfully everyone and everything function, from pilots, flight attendants to airport control tower, mechanics, customs officers and working dogs. What is marvelous about this business is that they share, and have responsibility for one simple, clear mission. Fly airplanes safely.

No comments:

Post a Comment