2015-09-03

560 Take a Break at Airport

The famous American heroine in NYC who is "always traveling" said that when she felt depressed she jumped on a taxi to drive to Tiffany's. I assume everyone has a certain place   like that. So is my case. It would be great to breathe in the woods or seaside, or walk along the riverbank, chill out in a cafe, or forget time in a movie theater. I love all those places but nothing better than the airport. 

I don't remember when I first got special, happy feelings about airplanes and airport. The act of flying, traveling, going to far away places and the whole extraordinary experience might fit my spirit. I've always been fond of just going to airport to take a break. Looking at the airplanes taking off and landing makes me uplift the most. Airplane is fascinating because it's the embodiment of ultimate functional beauty, with tremendous power, mass and speed. Regardless of its heavy and tough body, airplane is allowed to kick the ground off and escape from the gravity. It can fly in the rain, cloud, thunder, snow, wind, beaming sun and pitch-darkness. Cars might be easily personified. But airplane needs more of that --- I might even imagine it's almost like a dinosaurs, because of its power, speed and sharp figure.

Most people doesn't especially like to be on the observation deck where you are exposed to strong wind, the smell of fuel and roaring sound of engine. It's surely weird to say those makes people in good mood.  But it's the whole thing being in airport from the gallant figure of the airplane and its functional beauty, open sky and land between which the airplane can run through. I wish I were a pilot, or a flight operations officer, and even an airplane. Might be a bit weird idea?

No comments:

Post a Comment