2015-09-05

561 Too Good To Be True

Sometimes I look at movies critics. That doesn't mean I check with them all the time and decide which movie to watch. I just want to know hoe they share the delight brought by a certain movie that I watched and liked. If you like something and you see other person describes it much better than yourself, it would double the joy. But often (surely) there's gap between the opinions of mine then theirs.  Sometimes, a cynical critic views some happy-ending story as too good to be true and lack of realism. I would say it's no problem. Movie makes people happy, which is a great deal. We are not sure if we can make ourselves happy, but good movies can do to millions of people, with early concepts, fine script, act, music, shots, special effects, production design and edits. Surely we do enjoy and see, a Shakespeare tragedy for example, as a state of art, but it's a different thing. I assume not a few people make it a rule to watch almost every time a happy-ending movie to laugh, cheer themselves up, forget pathetic memories of the past, and gain happy spirits to move on, because life is tough and we need a little bit help. 

I still remember reading Mike Royko's column saying something like that "who wish to take the trouble to watch movie only to feel depressed? I like movies of John Wayne, a story that a hero beats bad guys." 

No comments:

Post a Comment