2015-09-29

567 Unplug

This September I joined the annual dance showcase with my teammates. This was the 6th time that I performed dance on stage. Needless to say I am not a professional, and most of my fellows neither. But dance attracts us strongly and sometimes it overwhelms our ordinary sense of life as office worker, student, mother, or father ( by the way dancing seems to be such an extraordinary activity in modern world, which I think is funny, so all my colleagues who watch me dancing shows real astonishment and sort of shock, which, again is funny.)

I've been hanging out with dance for over 10 years and been trying to put in words to describe the special feeling that dance gives me always. Everyone says that I look very different with sharp eyes, great verve and having so much fun when I am dancing. It's really  a compliment but I have no conscious of those features I deliver. All I can feel while dancing is that this is the only time I can be almost free from the thoughts on how I look like and what other people would think about me. One way to describe this status may be "to unplug" myself from my ordinary character and identity. I love this process so much because I just throw away my self and try to unite with music.  If successfully done, this is the coolest thing to be identified yourself with the music you find cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment