2016-05-05

624 Branding in Practice

I have my hair cut and styled by a long-time friend who owns and manages a beauty salon. We talk a lot and exchange opinions about fashion, style, design, travel and movies. He remembered that once I had talked with him about brands and branding, and the other day he suggested that we should start discussing future collaboration of a kind, asking me if I could be of his help to kick off branding his shop. He wants branding, not marketing. A branding for a beauty salon? I was instantly interested in and excited by the idea of the project. What he wants is not to increase customer or sales for the coming months, but to make his store keep its philosophy and identity for a long, long time even after he retires. That's the branding. I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment