2017-12-31

797 Orient Express

The only one book of Agatha Christie that I often read over is Murder On Orient Express. So I can tell my favorite Christie is the Orient Express. There is no need p explain what the book is all about. This year we see a film based on the novel after over 40 years since the last amazing film in 1974. I know the story well. I know the old movie and like it much. I have read the book over and over again and almost remember every storyline. I wonder if this new movie can take us to another depth of intellectual entertainment. And, like it or not it's truly a well-made movie. There are lots of newly arranged charm including fresh image of Hercule Poirot. It sounds like cheerful, emotional and courteous Sherlock Holmes. I've never seen any Poirot with such fighting skills but it looks pretty good. But the other spectacle of the new movie is the beautiful and marvelous scenery from the window of the Orient Express. It's just breathtaking and if my memory is correct this is something that Agatha Christie didn't describe in the novel in which the dialogue was held only inside the train. Another point that has been added to the climax - a surprising action taken by Poirot after he knew everything - I was surprised but felt positive about it. I thought it was very well done. It's my great pleasure to wrap up 2017 with watching such movie of high quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment