2010-09-20

83 Tweet-y

Previously (in the post no.82) I was chilling out with a noble and sublime idea about life. I turned round to find everyone had also wonderful time with coffee... no, with their familiar gadgets.

I don't remember from what time we were perfectly accustomed to the fact that modern people cannot live without mobile phone. People were handling and monitoring their machines while keeping conversation with their fellows. Tweeting, I guess.

Email allows us to "get back later" or "send whenever you like" but Twitter asks you "What's happening now?" Some might say it's an epoch-making device for sharing someone's wisdom at the moment it's uttered. I don't think so. It's funny because no one cares how absurd your words may be. I might tweet like "buy milk and bagle" or "gotta get up at 5am next morning, jeez."

It's rubbish.

But I sense it enjoyable. It's a nice simple exercise of writing in 140 words. And when it's uttered, it's becoming more like a communication of wildlife catching the fellow's roaring, growling or tweeting, which tell their situation and location. The problem is modern life is not so lively enough to release every monologue.

No comments:

Post a Comment