2012-01-22

207 Script

One Saturday evening I was sitting in a cafe. It rained hard and it was a cold night. I was looking outside through the window covered with water drop all over. I saw only the ceiling light was shining and casting its reflection on the wet dark corridor. It looked like a winding runway. Few people was there in the cold rain but actually vague shadows of two person standing on the corridor were seen in the dim light.

Then I shot this photo and wondered for a while; if this is a script describing the opening of a movie, what kind of story could be followed?

Suspense or detective story, maybe. Romantic comedy, definitely No. Action, perhaps. Social film, unlikely. Fantasy, not so unlikely.

I wonder how the great writers begin the story with what kind of picture. The opening of a film may be important but, name the two or three movies you recently watched whose openings you clearly remember. It's hard (I am no exception). Maybe movies are to be well remembered at its climax or its ending. But I kind of like the movie whose opening is unforgettable.

No comments:

Post a Comment