2013-07-15

345 Far Away, So Close

Almost everything around you comes from far away from you. Your clothes, your car, your music, your mobile phone, your book, and your food. Thinking about this simple fact and from how far in time and place they came over to me makes me overwhelmed. You listen to music and its singer, its tune, its sound were maybe born beyond century in a place you've never ever been to, or the music was created in unknown basement studio or garage by an artist whom you'd never be able to get acquainted but you can listen to the voice. Your book may carry knowledge and stories hundreds of years ago. Your food, even if it's not so elaborate, is delivered to you from unthinkably diverse origin, for example your everyday pepper in your kitchen.

All this require recording, printing, production, cultivation, farming, fishery, processing, preservation, and of course global distribution and marketing. Often I take a look at things I eat, listen to music I have, thank for the book that gives me fun and wisdom, and think how we live in an amazing world.   

No comments:

Post a Comment